- Make a mix of onion powder, garlic powder, and olive oil.
- The amount depends on pounds of eye of the round,
- enough to cover the bottom of a fry pan that fits the roast.
- Heat the pan to medium, then add the oil mix and sear each side
- of the roast, cook until gray, not browned.
Once seared, place in a roasting pan with a rack,
- add enough water to reach the bottom of the rack, not over.
- Dust with garlic powder then rub in with olive oil.
Cook covered for 30 minutes per pound at 350.
For rare, 15 minutes per pound, will be tougher.
Do not pierce the roast at any time, including removing, lift without using a fork,
- large spoons work. Let rest for 15 minutes and then slice.
Resting is very important, makes it moist.
Do not plan on gravy, if seared and not pierced, the pan will have mostly water
- and little fat or pieces. Sliced onions can be placed on top of
the roast, should steam nicely, make sure the cover does not hit the onions.