- Sear the roast on all sides until browned.
- Place in a pot, then pour in V8, should be at least half way up the
roast, add water to 2/3.
- Cook on a low simmer for at least one hour per pound or until tender.
- The onions should be skinned with top/bottom removed. Do not slice or
chop, add at the start.
- Add enough water to cover onions.
- If you like the V8's taste, you can use the leftover just like water
and add to instant rice.
- Adding potato for the last hour will
work, again expect the V8 taste and look.
- When cooked, wait 10 minutes before slicing. Slice chuck roast
with grain down the
- center, then turn the pieces on their side and thin slice across
grain. The roast does not
- pickup the V8 taste, so good for people that do not like the V8 taste.